Information For New Members
Why Lawn Bowling?
Lawn Bowling provides opportunities to:
- have fun and develop new skills
- increase fitness by walking, bending, lifting, throwing
- make new friends and have another social activity
- play as a member of a team
- compete at various levels and win awards
- participate in a fun sport with a spouse or partner
- become involved in a low cost recreational activity
Lawn bowls are made from a very hard synthetic material and are elliptical in shape. They come in different sizes and weights to suit different size hands. The bowls have a built in bias, which prevents them from running straight except when thrown very hard. They also come in many different colours. New bowlers are allowed to use club bowls free of charge for the first year.
Before deciding whether or not to join the club, potential new members receive free training from experienced bowlers. Normally, three coaching sessions are required. Excellent resource information about the sport is also made available and each new member is assigned a “Buddy” to help in becoming integrated into club activities.
Become A Player
Regular member $130
Junior member (< 16 yrs) $35
16-24 Years old $50
Social member $10
In Club Games Chair
In Club Games Assistant Chair
Open Games Chair
Open Games Assistant Chair - Ladies
Open Games Assistant Chair - Men/Mixed
Coaching Assistant Chair
Publicity and Marketing